Australia Unmarried Partner Visa
Our Australian immigration and relocation experts not only assist you with applying for a Visa, but can help with your entire relocation - from opening a bank account and looking for that perfect job to real estate and shipping. Take the free assessment below to start your immigration journey today.
Moving to Australia under Australia de facto-unmarried partner visas is for potential applicants who are in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident or in a relationship with an eligible New Zealand citizen.
The De Facto Visa Australia is officially referred to as the 820 visa (also known as the Australia Partner Visa).
The initial unmarried partner visa grant is generally valid for two years. Thereafter the de facto visa applicant is eligible to apply for Australian permanent residence. A candidate may be eligible for direct permanent residence if the relationship is a long standing one and/or there are children from the relationship.
This Australia visa lasts for two years and leads to Australian permanent residence.
There are no age limitations on Australian immigration under the de facto visa.
The main applicant must:
- Be in a "genuine, continuous de facto relationship" with the sponsor, and have been for the 12 months prior to an application;
- Have an exclusive relationship with the sponsor;
- Be living together or living apart only temporarily;
- Provide evidence of the history of a de facto relationship for at least 12 months prior to the application.
There are several types of documentation applicable. A Global Visas consultant will advise as to the requirements based upon individual circumstances. Take the free assessment to find out if you need a De Facto visa for Australia.
Health & Character
Australia has strict health and character requirements that must be met before any permanent Australian visa of more than 12 months will be granted. People attempting to migrate to Australia on the Australia de facto-unmarried partner visa will be required to:
- Undergo a medical examination and chest x-ray, undertaken by one of a panel of doctors selected by the Australian authorities, and;
- Obtain police certificates for all countries in which they have lived for more than 12 months in the 10 years leading up to the Australia visa application.
An application for the Australia de facto-unmarried partner visa will need to be supported by documentary evidence of the relationship.
How Global Visas can help
Applying with Global Visas means you will have access to your very own expert immigration consultant to handle your entire 820 visa application. Applying for this category of Australia partner visa can be a difficult and lengthy process. It is therefore vital that you seek expert advice to guide you every step of the way. Click on the FREE Assessment to contact Global Visas today. Find out further information on our Child Visa page.