Business Owner Visa for Australia
Global Visas is the most secure way to apply for Australia visas. Our government-accredited experts will work with you to find your ideal visa while you relax knowing that your case is in the hands of the very best.
Size does matter when it comes to immigration. We are the world’s biggest immigration company, and our global network of offices includes Australia. This is vital to provide the support you will require in the first few years after arrival. Due to our size and coverage you can be assured we will be with you every step of the way.
Starting a business in a new country is a big step and is important to get right first time, every time. You need expert Australia immigration legal advice throughout your move - from applying for a visa to dealing with government regulations in your new country. Global Visas can do it all, so click on the free assessment to contact us today.
Eligibility for Australia immigration on a Australian business visas is judged on the business skills of the applicant. There are several qualifying criteria for this visa subclass.
The initial four year provisional Australian business visa subclass can lead to permanent residence following a move to Australia. Often people view our Australia Business Talent information.
Australian business visa applicants must be under the age of 45 at the time of lodging an Australian visa application.
The following requirements are needed by visa applicants:
- An applicant must have had a successful business career.
- In two of the last four fiscal years the Australian business visa applicant has had ownership in a qualifying business that has had a turnover of at least AU$300,000.
- Combined business and personal assets have a net value of AUS$250,000, which is available for the running of a business in Australia.
- They must also be available for transfer within two years of the granting of the Australian visa.
- The Australian business visa applicant must also have sufficient assets for settlement and use in Australia.
- The Australian business visa applicant must not have been engaged in a business where the provision of professional, technical or trade services took up more than 50% of their time.
- The Australian business visa applicant must not have been involved in business or investment activities considered unacceptable in Australia.
- The Australian business visa applicant must have notified the appropriate authority of a state or territory of their business history and intentions to develop a business in that state or territory.
- The Australian business visa applicant must have a genuine and realistic commitment to participate, as a substantial owner, in the management of a new or existing business which will benefit Australia.
- The Australian business visa applicant must have demonstrated that there is a need to be temporarily in Australia to conduct business.
A 'qualifying business' is a business defined as one which is actively operating for the purposes of making profit and is not set up primarily for passive or speculative purposes, i.e. the sale of goods/services must be distinguished from passive investment. For example rental income from investment property.
Health & Character
Australia has strict health and character requirements that must be met before any permanent visa of more than 12 months will be granted. People attempting to migrate to Australia on an Australian business visa will be required to:
- Undergo a medical examination and chest x-ray undertaken by one of a panel of doctors selected by the Australian authorities, and;
- Obtain police certificates for all countries in which they have lived for more than 12 months in the 10 years leading up to the application.
Find out further information on our Business Talent page.