Australia Investor Visa
Migration under the Australian investor visas category is for applicants who have had a successful history of business or investment activity and wish to immigrate to Australia to use these skills. This australian visa allow people to do exactly that.
Take our free assessment to start the process with no obligation
There are several qualifying criteria for Australian Immigration of this subclass that are outlined below. Speak to an Australian immigration law expert at Global Visas for more information.
Australia investor visas are initially a four year provisional Australian business visa subclass that can lead to Australian permanent residence providing relevant criteria have been met. Some people find the Business Owner Visas very useful instead.
Australian visas applicants for this class must be 45 years old or younger at time of lodging the visa application.
Australian investor visas are an option for those who have had a successful career in business or investment activity. Australian investor visa applicants must:
- Have personal and business net assets of at least AUS$2,250,000, which can be transferred to Australia within 2 years,
- For at least 1 of the 5 fiscal years prior to application, the applicant must have directly managed a business with an ownership interest of at least 10% of the total value of the business. Or have maintained direct involvement in managing eligible investments with a value of at least AUS$1,500,000;
- Have made a designated investment of AUS$1,500,000 before the grant of the visa (a designated investment is an interest bearing bond issued by certain state and territory governments in Australia);
- Have at least 3 years experience of directly managing one or more qualifying business(es) or eligible investments;
- Have sufficient net assets to settle in Australia;
- Have notified an Australian state or territory government of business intentions.
Health & Character
Australia has strict health and character requirements that must be met before any permanent visa of more than 12 months will be granted. People attempting to migrate to Australia on an Australian business visa will be required to:
- Undergo a medical examination and chest X-ray undertaken by one of a panel of doctors selected by the Australian authorities, and;
- Obtain police certificates for all countries in which they have lived for more than 12 months in the 10 years leading up to the application.
Find out further information on our Business Owner page.