Moving to Australia
If you are moving to Australia and have yet to secure your Australian visas please fill in our free assessment form and one of our qualified consultants will contact you to explain your options with no obligation.
We help thousands of people every year with immigration, shipping, real estate, taxes, mobile phones and even help find a gym!
To maximize your chances of immigrating to Australia successfully, contact Global Visas using the free assessment above.
For those planning to move to Australia, the routes for immigration are varied and the type of Australian visa will depend on your circumstances.
Different types of Australia visa holders range from skilled migrants - as part of the skilled independent visa known as the Australia working visa, those with a background in business (the business visa) - the investor visa or the family migration routes to Australia which include visa classes such as the Spousal Visa.
Whatever your situation, our experieenced staff can guide you through the Australian immigration system from sourcing the initial visa, through to helping you find jobs in Australia and settle you into your new home. Your adventure may even end in full Australian Citizenship.
When you are moving to Australia here are a few things you will need to do when you arrive.
- Apply for a Tax File Number (TFN) as soon as you move to Australia. You will need a TFN in order to receive wages from your job in Australia, or receive money earned from investments including interest on savings accounts.
- Register with Medicare so you will be covered for basic medical expenses and have immediate access to health care services, including free public hospital care and subsidized medicines.
- Open a bank account within six weeks of moving to Australia using your passport so you can get your salary, wages or government benefits paid directly into your account. If you leave it longer than six weeks you will need additional identification.
- Register your details with CentreLink and get government assistance with your skills, qualifications and Family Assistance payments to help you raise your children.
- If you need help with your English register for free classes. Australian immigration believe this is key to your success and provide up to 510 hours of free tuition under the Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP).
- Enrol your children in school as soon as possible; under Australian law children must attend school up to the age of 15.
- Apply for a driver’s license within three months of arriving. If you have a drivers licence from another country you can use it for up to 3 months, after which you are required to have an Australian one.
Find out further information on our Migration Agent Australia page.