Permanent Residence in Australia
Applying for Australia immigration through Global Visas is just the beginning. We offer a full suite relocation service and have helped millions of people realise their global mobility dreams. Much of our service is centered around those clients looking for permanent residence in Australia. Take our free assessment to find out if you could be one of them!
Global Visas advises many clients who are seeking permanent residence in Australia. With so many different visas available, it makes sense to talk to the experts about all the paths to long-term residency in Australia offers. We are able to help people secure work in Australia and much more. Why not start the application for immigration to Australia now by completing our free online assessment.
Become a permanent resident of Australia
The nearest equivalent to the US Green Card Australia offers is known as permanent residence. Many overseas nationals who come to work, conduct business or study on temporary and provisional Australian visas will become eligible for permanent residence. Often people looking here also find Skilled sponsored visa information helpful. For advice on your eligibility, take the Global Visas free assessment now.
Residence in Australia for skilled migrants
For foreign workers one way to achieve permanent residency in Australia is through General Skilled Migration (GSM), which is an initiative designed by the Australia Immigration Department to attract workers aged 18-45 without a sponsoring employer. The options for becoming an Australia permanent resident include:
- Skilled Independent Residence Visa (subclass 885) – for students with a qualification from two years’ study in Australia, who may be eligible to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.
- Skilled Sponsored Residence Visa (subclass 886) – for certain temporary visa holders or overseas graduates with two years’ study in Australia, who have a sponsoring relative, State or Territory.
- Skilled Independent Migrant Visa (subclass 175) – offers permanent residence for applicants outside Australia whose skills are in demand and who pass the points test.
- Skilled Sponsored Migrant Visa (subclass 176) – demands a lower points test mark, but applicants must have a sponsoring relative, State or Territory.
Other routes to permanent residency in Australia
Foreign nationals who don’t apply through GSM can still gain Australia residency on a permanent basis through:
- The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) – overseas workers nominated to fill a full-time position for a minimum of three years may qualify for an ENS visa subclass 856 or 121.
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) – overseas workers can qualify for an onshore RSMS subclass 857 visa or an offshore RSMS 119 visa to work for Australian companies located in the regions or areas of low population growth.
- Business Development -- direct permanent residence is available for certain high calibre business people and provisional visa holders may also qualify.
Apply for Australia permanent residence through Global Visas
The experts and migration agents at Global Visas are fully qualified to help you with all your questions on long-term immigration, Australia permanent residence and the different types of visas available. To find out more about the permanent residence Australia requirements simply click below to start our free online assessment. Find out further information on our South Australia page.