Regional Sponsored Australian Migration Scheme
We have worked with millions of clients over the years, developing the finest relocation management systems to become the leading resettlement solution. We specialise in all aspects of immigration including Australia's Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme.
Take the free assessment below to start your immigration journey today.
Though many overseas applicants want to work in Australia’s big cities, there are plenty of opportunities available through the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS). If you’re a skilled foreign worker looking for information about Australia Visas via the visa 857, Global Visas can help. To save yourself time, just click on the link below to take our free working visas Australia assessment.
Visas available under RSMS
Regional sponsored migration is a way for Australian companies located in the regions or areas of low population growth to recruit highly skilled overseas workers for permanent roles. As a skilled foreign worker, there are two options for getting RSMS visas through Immigration Australia:
- If you are already living and working in Australia on a qualifying visa, you can apply for an onshore RSMS subclass 857 visa. Even without a qualifying visa, you may still be eligible provided that any previous visas expired no more than 28 days before making your RSMS application.
- Overseas workers who are currently outside Australia can apply for the offshore RSMS 119 visa. This subclass is also available to applicants who are in Australia without a qualifying visa. They may lodge an application while in Australia, but must be outside the country when the 119 visa is granted.
How the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme works
Australia’s RSMS gets skilled overseas workers moving to Australia to fill positions with companies from the Australian regions seeking to recruit. Here is a brief outline of the process:
- An Australian employer located in an eligible area nominates the position they wish to fill. Areas that do not qualify under the scheme include Sydney, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
- The employer must arrange certification by a Regional Certification Body (RCB). The RCBs are set up to help regional employers fill posts and to ensure that the vacancies are genuine and not able to be filled by Australian workers. The job must be full-time and open for at least two consecutive years.
- The employee accepts the offer from the nominating regional employer and applies for either a RSMS 857 visa or a 119 visa. To be granted a permanent visa, the applicant must meet the age, skill and language requirements.
- Successful applicants for a RSMS visa are granted the right to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis. Other benefits include eligibility for Australian citizenship and the right to sponsor others for permanent residence.
Apply for your Regional Sponsored Migration Today
If you are looking for information about Australia’s Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme, or the employer nomination scheme Global Visas is here to help you. Our experts can explain what is involved in finding a permanent job in regional Australia. Find out further information on our Employer Nomination Scheme page. To find all the answers, take the Global Visas free online assessment by clicking on the link below.