Australia Work Visa

We help people find work in Australia and secure the correct Australia work visas.  Our team of Australia immigration consultants are available to guide you through the process so you can secure your Australia work permit first time.

Our Australian employment experts also assist you find the perfect job from re-writing your resumé to reviewing your references and assessing your skills against Australian standards.

Immigration to Australia is a big step and is important to get your Austalia work permit right.

Start Your Free Assessment Here

Australian work visas 

Are one of the most sought after visas in the world.  The current Australian Governement stated they wanted to be tougher in immigration.  This means the skills shortage list for Australia will no doubt be very short indeed!

That said Australian employers we know still have a demand for overseas skilled workers and are prepared to secure the necessary work visa to sposnsor their employees live in Australia.


Below is a guide to different work visas.  Once we decide on the correct path forward our aim is to help you locate and secure the best jobs available or your work visa will not help you.  We hope you enjoy reading, learning and planning your the next exciting step in your life.

Skilled Australia Work Visas

The Skilled Independent Australia work Visas allow you to move to Australia if you have the skills and qualifications in an occupation on the skills shortlist. You will also need to have good English skills.

  • You are scored on points relevant to the Australian labour market and do NOT require a sponsor for the work permit.
  • This work permit can include you partner and family.

Sponsored Australia work visas

Skilled Sponsored Australian work visas are for workers who are in the industries listed on the Skilled Occupation List, on which you are scored based on the Australian labour market.

  • You must be sponsored by a relative living in Australia or obtain nomination from a participating State or Territory government agency.
  • This work visa can include your partner and family to live with you as permanent residents in Australia.

Independent Skilled Australia Working Visas

This Australian working visa is for people unable to meet the requirements for a Skilled Independent visa and uses a points based marking system relating to the Australian Labour Market.

  • It’s open for three years allowing the holder the opportunity to apply for permanent residency after two years residence as long as the holder has worked at least 12 months in a Specified Regional Area of Australia.
  • For this Australian work permit you must be nominated by a participating State or Territory government agency or sponsored by a relative living in a designated area of Australia.

Graduate Australia work visas

Just like other specific Australia work visas, this is for recent graduates of certain overseas universities to work for up to 18 months to receive work experience in jobs which are in demand in Australia. This visa is NOT marked on points.

  • Holders of this visa can apply for permanent residence at any time if they meet the pass mark on the General Skilled Migration points test.
  • This work permit is for students who have completed an Engineering degree at Camborne School of Mines, Imperial College London, University of Birmingham, University of Leeds, University of Manchester, University of Nottingham, University of Portsmouth, and University of Southampton.

Permanent Australia working visas

  • For students wanting to move permanently and who have obtained an Australian qualification in Australia through at least two (2) years study.
  • For certain temporary Australian visa holders with skills in demand in Australia.
  • For students wanting to move permanently and who have obtained an Australian qualification in Australia through at least two (2) years study.
  • For people who do not meet the Skilled – Independent pass mark but have either a relative in Australia to sponsor them or a nomination from a State or Territory government. Applicants must pass a points test lower than that for the Skilled – Independent visa
  • For people wanting to move to Australia permanently and who have lived for at least two years and worked for at least one year in a Specified Regional Area.

Temporary and provisional Australia work visas

  • For eligible overseas students and holders of certain temporary visas who meet the lower pass mark for this visa.
  • This visa is provisional for three years.
  • Applicants must be either sponsored by an eligible relative living in a designated area of Australia or nominated by a participating state/territory government. After living for two (2) years and working for at least one (1) year in a Specified Regional Area, applicants can apply for a permanent visa.
  • 18 month temporary Australia work visa
  • For overseas students with an Australian qualification obtained in Australia after at least two (2) years study.
  • Allows applicants who are unable to pass the points test to remain in Australia for 18 months to gain the skills and experience needed to apply for a permanent or provisional General Skilled Migration visa. No points test applies.

Employer sponsored Australian work visas

(Permanent) Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

  • The Employer Nomination Scheme enables employers in Australia to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in Australia.
  • Employees can be highly skilled workers from overseas or highly skilled temporary residents currently in Australia.

(Permanent) Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

  • For employers in regional Australia to fill skilled positions they are unable to fill from the local labour market.
  • Employers can nominate staff from overseas or temporary residents already in Australia.

Temporary Business Long Stay – Standard Business Sponsorship (subclass 457)

  • This Australian work visa is for employers filling nominated skilled positions by employing overseas workers for a period of between three months and four years.

(Temporary) Medical Practitioner Visas (subclass 422)

  • This Australia work permit is an alternative route for doctors who should normally apply for a Temporary Business (Long Stay) visa (subclass 457).
  • The visa is valid for between three months and four years.

Educational Visas (Subclass 418)

  • This Australia work visa is suitable for academics, librarians, technicians, laboratory demonstrators, researchers or at a school or a technical college to work in Australia for between three months and four years.

Australia Working holiday visas

The Australian Working Holiday Visa offers young people, between the ages of 18 and 30, the opportunity to work, travel and explore Australia for up to two years. Find out further information on our Moving to Australia page.