Canadian Experience Class
The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) allows certain temporary foreign workers with work experience in Canada, and certain foreign students who graduated in Canada, to apply for permanent residency and receive priority processing. Find out you eligibility for all categories of Canada work permit using the free assessment:
If you are a temporary foreign worker or a foreign student who graduated in Canada, you often have the qualities to make a successful transition from a Canada visa to permanent residence.
You are familiar with Canadian society and can contribute to the Canadian economy and will have knowledge of English or French and qualifying work experience.
As a Canada immigration consultant, Global Visas can help you to determine which of the range of Canada visas and Canadian work permits available is the right option for you.
Global Visas provides everything you will require for your relocation to Canada, immigration lawyer expertise, detailed information on the processes of immigration and more.
Who’s it for?
If you are an International Graduate with Canadian Work Experience and meet the following minimum requirements you have:
- Successfully completed a program of study of at least two academic years at a Canadian post-secondary educational institution;
- Obtained at least one year of skilled, professional or technical work experience within 24 months of the application date; and
- Moderate or basic language skills, depending on the skill level of their occupation.
If you are a temporary foreign worker and meet the following minimum requirements and have:
- Obtained at least two years of skilled, professional or technical work experience within 36 months of the application date; and
- Moderate or basic language skills, depending on the
skill level of their occupation.
An applicant who has met the minimum requirements and is still in Canada on either a Post-Graduate work permit or a temporary work permit may apply from within Canada. Individuals no longer in Canada must have an application submitted within one year of leaving their job in Canada.
People who have left Canada can apply as long as they do so within 1 year of leaving their job in Canada.
Those who are successful in their application under the Canadian Experience Class are granted permanent immigration visas for Canada. They are then able to remain in Canada indefinitely, and work for any employer in Canada.
Like any visa for permanent residence, a Canadian Experience Class visa makes provision for your partner and/or dependent children to join you in the country.