US Work Visas
Global Visas is the world’s leading source of immigration advice. Applying for a visa through Global Visas gives you peace of mind and reassurance thanks to our teams of experts assisting your case every step of the way.
Size does matter when it comes to immigration. We are the world’s biggest immigration company, and our global network of offices includes the USA. This is VITAL to provide the support and assistance you will require in the first few years after arrival - from extending your visa to general legal advice. Due to our size and coverage you can be assured we will be with you every step of the way.
Our immigration and relocation experts not only assist you with your American visa but can help with your entire relocation - from opening a bank account and looking for that perfect job to real estate and shipping. Take the FREE assessment below to start your immigration journey today.
The US work visa is one of our areas of expertise and we can advise you on the best route to taking up employment in the USA. If you need a US working visa, the best way to get in touch with the experts at Global Visas is to take our free assessment. One of our consultants will call you back within 24 hours to discuss your US work permit options.
US Work Visa
The US has several different visa categories for foreign nationals wishing to work there. It also operates a preference system for ranking workers seeking permanent immigration. To find out more about your eligibility, take the Global Visas free assessment.
US Visa Types
Under the USA visa waiver regulations many foreign nationals can enter the USA for up to 90 days without the need for a visa. Where the waiver does not apply, there are a number of USA working visa categories covering foreign nationals, including:
- Category G visas for employees of international bodies, who are entering the USA in pursuance of official duties.
- Category I visas for journalists and members of the media. They are not eligible for visa waiver or for the B1 business visa.
- Category L1 intra-company transfer visas are for managerial or executive level employees of international companies on secondment to the USA.
For information about B1 and B2 business visas see the US Business Visa page. For information about the J1 exchange visa see our separate page.
The USA Work Visa allocated by Preference
In issuing a working visa for USA employment, the US ranks potential applicants in five categories of preference:
- The First Preference Category of USA work visa is for priority workers who are deemed to possess an extraordinary level of ability in their field. It could include world-class athletes and performers or internationally acclaimed professionals in science or education. These individuals can file an immigrant visa petition without the need for an offer of employment.
- Second Preference Category is those with exceptional ability in arts, science and business. In order to obtain a work permit for US employment in this category an applicant would require a specific job offer.
- Third Preference Category is broader, encompassing professionals with a baccalaureate degree, skilled and unskilled workers. To obtain a work visa for USA employment, applicants will need a specific offer of employment.
- Fourth Preference Category covers special immigrants, including religious workers.
- Fifth Preference Category is investor visas, which are targeted at applicants who want to create a commercial enterprise in the US that will generate employment.
There are a number of alternative US visa options which still allow you to live and work in the country. These include family, business and investment options. Use the Global Visas free assessment to find out your full range of choices.
Get a work permit for USA employment through Global Visas
Let the experts at Global Visas guide you through the process of obtaining a USA work permit. To get in touch with one of our consultants, simply click on the link below to begin our free assessment and find your ideal work visa for the USA.
Visit this page for more information about the USCIS - the government authority which decides the outcome of all Work Visa USA applications.
Visit this page for more details about the US visa and its various categories. Find out further information on our US Visas page. Alternatively, you can time by taking the free assessment below and allowing Global Visas to do all the hard work for you.