Welcome to the website of Global Visas, the world’s largest immigration consultancy. Since 1996 our experienced team of advisers has been providing comprehensive immigration advice to both individual and corporate clients. Our visa approval rate is second to none and we pride ourselves on being the best in the field.
French immigration is one of the areas on which we offer expert advice. You can contact us to find out about long-stay visas and permanent migration to France. To begin the application process, just click on the link below to take our free assessment. A consultant will call you back within 24 hours to discuss your French immigration options.
The path to French immigration
Below is a summary of the main requirements for immigration to France, for those intending to take up long-term residence. For short-term visa options, see the France Visa Requirements page, or start the Global Visas free assessment by clicking the link above.
France immigration visa requirements
To obtain a long-stay visa for France, applicants will need to pay the appropriate fees and provide:
- A travel document such as a passport that is valid for the period of his/her stay.
- A completed and signed long-term visa application form.
- The appropriate number of photographs – this varies depending on the applicant’s nationality and the reasons for his/her stay
- Proof of the reason for his/her stay in France and evidence of personal situation.
Immigration to France for marriage
An applicant’s plans for France immigration may be linked to an existing or future marriage to a French citizen. If you are already married to a French citizen and now want to immigrate to France to live with your husband/wife, you will need to provide evidence of this. Foreign nationals seeking immigration to France for the purposes of marriage to a French citizen will need to provide evidence about themselves, their partners and the marriage ceremony. This would include:
- Applicant’s visa application form, photograph, passport and fees.
- The original certificate of the publication of banns (from the city hall where the marriage will take place)
- Proof of French nationality of the intended French spouse, such as a French identity card, and proof of his/her residence in France.
Find out further information on our Work Visa France page.